Forum

24 years today  

RSS

Joel Lichtenwald
(@joel-l)
New Member Admin
15/10/2017 8:06 pm  

So today is October 15th 2017, and today is International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. This day also marks 24 years me, my family and friends have been without my sister, and like so many years I went to visit her grave on this day. This year, just like last year, I was able to have my wife with me on this special day. 

I must say, I don't believe it gets any easier for me, my family or my friends. My sister was a special person to so many people. She was very popular in our little town and truly loved by many. Her love of music and dance gave her the up beat mentality she had her whole life. 

She would be turning 41 this year and I can't help but to think about all the questions we would normally have as siblings. How many kids would she have had? Would she have loved my kids? Would she have loved my wife? What kind of work would she gone into? I think these are normal questions that a sibling would have on a daily basis. 

So I guess I have to ask, what questions do you wonder about when you think about a sibling that is gone? 

Share:
  • Description
  • Socials
  • Recent Post
  • Comments

After the tragic loss of her son to SIDS, Kristina took her pain and grief and turned it into a way to help others. She is the author of "Shattered Soul: An Angel Parents Journey". Through her book she is helping other parents deal with the loss of a child while breaking the silence to help the rest of the world understand.