Forum

A Drive Home  

RSS

Joel Lichtenwald
(@joel-l)
New Member Admin
26/02/2017 9:22 pm  

So tonight I was driving home from taking my kids to their mom's and was listening to some music I had recently purchased on iTunes. I bought some songs by the band Incubus and one of the songs was the song, Wish You Were Here. In that moment I was singing with the music and my sister came to mind. I started to think about her and how much she would have loved my kids and Kristina. Honestly I started to tear up a little.

She was an important aspect in my life and still is I believe. I wonder from time to time the questions we all have now and then no matter who we have lost in our life. What would they be doing right now in this moment? What would their occupation be? What they enjoy doing everyday? Simple questions really but to many, important ones.

I just felt like sharing this with all of you all and would like to ask the question. What reminds you of the ones we have lost? Is it an activity? A certain song? A smell? For me the songs November Rain by Guns -n- Roses and Silent Lucidity by Queensryche get me every time.

Kristina Widener
(@kristina-widener)
Active Member Admin
02/03/2017 1:19 pm  

For me, everything reminds me of Zack. From waking up kids in the morning, to sending them off to bed at night. Even the little details of planning a meal...all of it reminds me of him because we're one less.

The song "Who You'd Be Today" is one that sucker punches me every time I hear it...which is why I go to great lengths to NOT hear it.

ReplyQuote
Share:
  • Description
  • Socials
  • Recent Post
  • Comments

After the tragic loss of her son to SIDS, Kristina took her pain and grief and turned it into a way to help others. She is the author of "Shattered Soul: An Angel Parents Journey". Through her book she is helping other parents deal with the loss of a child while breaking the silence to help the rest of the world understand.